Community Fridge location:
367 Columbia Street, outside of Jam’It Bistro
During the pandemic of 2020 Anaika Forbes, who established the Brooklyn branch of @Hashtag Lunchbag in 2016, teamed up with Tiffany Davis of the Red Hook Art Project (RHAP) and Dawn Skeete of Jam’It Bistro to set up a community fridge. The fridge is located outside of Jam’It Bistro, 367 Columbia Street, Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Jam’It Bistro has been a very strong and generous player in Red Hook mutual aid response to Covid including cooking free hot meals for months with the support of World Kitchen.
The general rules of the community fridges are:
- All items are free
- Take what you need
- Leave what you can
- Always practice saftey (masks, gloves, hand sanitizer)
- No raw meat
- Please date an label all foods
- No open or partially wrapped foods
- No prepared foods unless previously authorized
- Please keep fridge neat and clean