New Brown Memorial Baptist Church
609 Clinton Street, Brooklyn 11231
According to their website New Brown Memorial Church was founded by Rev. Andrew Dennis McBride and his wife Ruth in 1954, named after the Reverend W. Abner Brown of Metropolitan Baptist Church of Harlem, at the time one of the largest African American churches in the world. It is the first Black Protestant Church in Red Hook.