A view of Red Hook's shanties, c. 1930

Newspaper photo of the shacks of Red Hooks "Tin City" or shanty towm (It went by several other names, such as Hoover City, and Orkenen Sur).
The large building on the right is the Sapolin Paint Company factory (now Treasure Island) on Clinton Street between Bush and Lorraine

Images

Red Hook Shanties

Red Hook Shanties

View File Details Page

Share this Item