COVID19 Red Hook Community Resources
If you have an addition or correction, please send us an email.
While we have you, here are the official CDC guidelines for safe practices.
Red Hook Curb Facebook group 1,880+ members sharing info & things
Red Hook Mutual Aid
Their goal is filling gaps in the mesh of services and resources and acting as a clearinghouse for requests for aid from individuals who are on the other side of the digital divide. Their phone support service at (646) 484-9677 has speakers of English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Arabic and can handle up to 30 calls a day. Their volunteers are teachers, librarians, and students, and their schedules accommodate sustaining this phone support throughout the summer; and they are positioning this as a long-term service to Red Hook. Great way to volunteer from home so they can handle more calls a day. They have mapped aid which is very helpful. Email them or call (646) 484-9677.
Places and to go for food assistance - as posted November 28, 2020 by Red Hook Mutual Aid. [Check above links or contact them to confirm.)
- Miccio Community Center every Thursday between 12pm and 3pm for perishable and non-perishable groceries. Bring your own bag or box.
- Food First Inc, at 165 Conover St, has a Food Pantry! Come by Friday between 10am-12pm or Wednesday from 11am-1pm.
- Red Hook Gospel Tabernacle also offers food assistance. Located at 72 Van Dyke St, come by for pick-up on Saturday between 10am and 11:30am.
- Movement of Pentecostal Christian Church also offers food pick-up. At 90-92 Summit St, food is available on Sundays from 12:30pm to 2pm. Call 718-253-1941 to confirm hours.
- Redemption Church distributes food each Friday through December at P.S. 27 (on the Nelson St side) from 10am-12pm. Perishables and non-perishables available; please bring your own bag or cart.
- NYC schools offer grab and go meals, even when buildings are closed. Learn more here about food pick-up here.
- Red Hook has a community fridge! Drop off or pick up food from 11-8, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 367 Columbia Street (in front of Jam’it Bistro) - give what you can, take what you need.
Zoom meetings for Red Hook planners
To show you how some of the above stitches together, here are some of the main collectives that incorporate the endeavors above with lots of overlap. People are often in multiple groups, as are we.
Tuesdays 8:00-9:00am Ready Red Hook call
Wednesdays 10:00-11:00am Red Hook Biz Alliance
Fridays 11:00am-12:30pm Red Hook nonprofits and schools
COVID19 COVID19 coronavirus corona virus